Created to Shine for His Glory – Time to Stop Chasing Purpose
This message helps us stop chasing ‘purpose/identity’ and instead embrace the purpose and identity God created us with.
We live in a world that’s flooded with messages posted on social media that sound like this…
- What’s Your Purpose?
- Let’s Define Your Purpose
- The Five Steps to Finding Your Purpose
And in a world played out on the stage of social media, we get caught up in the comparison game…
- Is my purpose good enough?
- Do I need to do more / be more so I stack up to him, her and them
Key Scripture References
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do ~ Ephesians 2:10 But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you MY power and that MY name might be proclaimed in all the earth. ~ Exodus 9:16 NIV Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31 From Him and through Him and for Him are all things. TO HIM be the glory forever! Amen. ~ Romans 11:36 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Christ Jesus, to whom belongs the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. ~ 1 Peter 4:11
This message will focus on building confidence in who we are in Christ.
- Awareness of how God thinks of us.
- Awareness of how our thoughts matter.
- Tools and scripture practices to overcome defeated thinking
- Address the sin of comparing ourselves to other [Comparison is the thief of God’s glory ]
- 1 hour keynote presentation
- Optional workshop add on
- A retreat with the message divided into