Learning to live with our heart on fire and stop living with our hair on fire.
This message explores the ways God stokes the heart fires of purpose, putting out the hair fires that keep us exhausted and distracted.
Hair fire living is when we’re striving to be ‘enough’ so we feel validated, worthy, or accepted. But in that striving mode to measure up, there’s always the ‘next level’ of being enough. What feels like ‘enough’ today becomes not enough on the social media stage of comparison tomorrow.
This is heart fire living
- knowing we don’t have to prove our value and worth to the world or God
- knowing God has already declared our value in His word
- knowing our ‘enough’ is found in what He does through us, not what we do for Him
Hair fire says “I’ve got this – watch me.”
Heart fire says “I can’t do this – but God can so watch what He does.”
This presentation is about learning the difference between coming into conversation with God to ask Him to blow hard with the power of His Spirit to make our plans happen vs letting Him slowly and steadily breath HIS power into us for His glory…to love people – HIS WAY.
Key Scripture References
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. ~ Exodus 9:16 …being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy… ~ Colossians 1:11 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness ~ Galatians 5:22 ...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. ~ Philippians 2:13 And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven. ~ Luke 24:49 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. ~ 2 Timothy 1:6-7 Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth. ~ Psalm 46:10 AMP
This message will focus on letting go of the striving that sets our hair on fire so we can grab hold of what God is calling us to do with our heart on fire. This presentation will take the audience through questions like…
- What areas of your life are you depending solely on personal belief, strength or abilities?
- What has God prepared you to do for Him today, tomorrow…the next day?
- How are we equipped by His Spirit to be more than enough for His glory?
- What are you saying yes to out of guilt – fanning the flames of your hair on fire life?
- What is God calling you to do but it gets a no because you’re too busy with the hair fire, guilty yeses?
This message is for an audience that can relate to this [hair fire living]:
- You wake up most mornings exhausted, even after a good night’s rest
- The days seem long and you feel like you’re getting no where
- People might even comment that you seem a little stressed
- You find yourself saying yes to everything others want you to do, leaving no time for what your called to do- GUILTY YESES
- You are looking for ways to put the fire out
And wants more of this [heart fire living]:
- You wake up most mornings excited to start a new day
- Sometimes you lose track of time doing what you love
- People notice how upbeat and energized you are
- You’re clear about your life priorities and this empowers you to say yes to what’s important and no to everything else (without guilt!)
- It’s not that you are less busy…you may be DOING just as much – you’re just doing what He’s created you to do in HIS power and glory
- You are looking for ways to fuel the fire
- 1 hour keynote presentation
- Optional workshop add on
- A retreat with the message divided into