‘Do any of you need wisdom? Ask God for it. He is generous and enjoys giving to everyone. So he will give you wisdom. But when you ask God, you must believe. Don’t doubt him. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is blown up and down by the wind. ‘
James 1:5-6 ERV
A Conversation with God
Where you see [___], insert your name. Speak the conversation out loud and hear His loving words for you in a real way today.
[___] When you cry out for My wisdom, it is yours. I give it to you faithfully, abundantly and graciously.
RESPONSE: Lord, Your word promises this and I believe your word, but I confess I still struggle.
[___], pay attention to the doubt that creeps in. Stop doubting the wisdom I give you.
- Stop doubting My truth by recalling lies and stories of your past
- Stop doubting My truth by giving precedence to the words and opinions of others.
- Stop doubting My direction by listening to your insecurities – insecurities fed by the lies and stories of your past and opinions of others.
[___], when you waver in applying the wisdom that I give you, the wisdom you ask for, you experience anxiety, confusion and consequences.
Don’t be the boat tossing on the sea, driven by the ever-changing direction of the wind – the ever changing ‘wisdom’ of the world.
RESPONSE: Lord, how I long to stop the tossing and turning of anxiety, confusion and consequences.
[___], just melt. As long as you remain resistant to total surrender and trust in Me, you are like a rigid ice cube floating on the ever-tossing waters. Each time you surrender your need to hold tight to the image of the world and choose complete faith and trust in Me, there is melting.
[___], I do not promise smooth waters all the time. But unlike the bobbing boat or ice cube, when you melt into Me – melt into complete faith in My wisdom – you are not tossed by the rough waters – you flow through them with Me. In the tossing you feel the anxiety, confusion and consequences. In the flow – you feel My peace that passes understanding.
Continue the Conversation
A conversation implies back and forth communication. God is speaking over you right now. What is your response? Take some time to meditate and continue this conversation.
Use these questions to chat with God. Let Him bring you into a closer relationship with Him.
- Where are you needing God’s wisdom today? Be specific in your requests.
- What doubts are plaguing you about the wisdom you think you are hearing? Tell Him those doubts and ask for more clarity.
- Are you feeling conflicted about directions being presented to you? Ask yourself this question: Where is my doubt stemming from?
- Insecurities fed by stories from my past?
- Fear of not living up to the expectations of the world?
- Confusing messages from others that don’t align with the wisdom of God?
- Ask God to give you complete awareness of your source of doubt in Him and then talk to Him about it. Let Him work it out in you – one conversation at a time.
Conversations at a Table for Two
If you’ve never done this before (sit at a table for two – asking God to speak His word over you – just for you) – today is a great day to do it for the first time.
Grab the hand of Jesus and let Him bring you to this table set for two. A chair for you and one for God. Pull God’s chair close to you…not over on the other side of the table. Make His presence real to you and lean in. Have that conversation and ask Him to speak His words afresh to you, as if writing them just for you, right here, right now.
How did He speak a fresh message over you today?
Everyday He sits and waits.
A reservation for two that never expires.
But the meal cannot be served until the entire party is seated.
How long will I keep my creator waiting?
Want the book?
Tami’s book “Feeding a Hungry Soul – Conversations at a Table for Two” is scheduled to launch in 2021.
Join our email list to hear when this book launches and get notification of launch specials!