Do you ever look back on paths you’ve taken and wonder, “What was I thinking?”
And when I let myself have an honest conversation about it with God – He shows me what drove those decisions
- foolishness of the world
- lack of knowledge or wisdom
Inevitably, whatever drove those wrong decisions came as a result of not seeking His guidance – or seeking it but not listening to it or seeing it clearly.
Anybody? Just me?
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
So here’s the deal… the next right step is always there!!!
The enemy wants to tell us things like:
- quit walking – you’ll never succeed
- you should be embarrassed or ashamed to step out
- look over here…this is an easier path / more lucrative path
When we succumb to those lies, it’s like we’re wearing shades. Sunglasses [shades] are designed to dim the brightness of light. Looking back, it seems to me that each time I took the wrong path, I was walking with shades on. Shades that dimmed the clarity of the leading light of God.
Shades come in a variety of styles, colors, shape…
- Shades that dim our view of who we truly are in God by comparing ourselves to others
- Shades that dim the long term vision of where God is leading us
- Shades dim our view of others and how God desires to use us in their lives
- Shades that dim our understanding and acceptance of the forgiveness and grace freely given to us through Jesus
- Shades that dim our understanding of truth
Here’s an idea! Next time we are seeking God’s directions… let’s stop first and take off our ‘shades’ so we can clearly see His lighted path.
Lord, I want to be blinded by Your illuminating light on Your path for me!